Thursday, August 14, 2014

Get Well Wishes and Feathers

Earlier this week I mentioned I finally jumped on the feather band wagon and I'm so happy I did!
Feathers are so fun and easy to make and depending on the size and colors you choose you can really change up the mood and tone of your card. 
This time I used darker deeper colors from Stampin' Up's Regals color family for this get well card for my Dad. He is having surgery this week so hopefully this card will be a welcome in his mailbox when he gets home afterwards! :)

On the card I posted Tuesday I mentioned I used a circle punch to crop the feathers. 
This time I free handed them! Sounds hard? It really wasn't! 
I first cut my paper to the length I wanted them and then starting at one end started cutting the shape.
I scored them down the middle and use my paper snips to make little cuts along the edge.
I love texture and these feathers have a lot of it! After I cut the feathers out I took full size ink pads and "stamped" the pad onto the feathers to add a little color and texture. I think it really brings them to life!
And no card is complete without something on the inside!
I thought this stamped was perfect for someone who was going to be in recovery mode, not able to do the things they love to do for several weeks! :)

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment