Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Knitting for Baby!

With just 6 short weeks away from my due date, I decided I better get started on knitting a baby blanket and hat for our sweet little girl. Last Friday I picked out yarn during a trip to Hobby Lobby figuring I needed to give myself PLENTY of time to get this project completed. The first blanket I knitted was for our youngest daughter and it took a. very. long. time... so I expected the same with this blanket. Well, I got to work on it Sunday and three short days later it is done! YAHOO! I really didn't expect it to go so fast but I guess all I can say is that my knitting skills must have improved since that first blanket.
 I knit the stripes using Lions Brand Wool-Ease thick and quick yarn in blossom and raspberry. Loving that color combination....
 And I had enough of the blossom color left over to make this sweet little newborn hat. The past baby hats that I knit, following patterns, were always way too big for our newborns' heads even thought they were suppose to fit a newborn. With that said, I was a little hesitant to knit another newborn hat that would end fitting a 3-6 month old.
 Then, I came across this hat pattern and gave it a try. Not only did I learn a new skill (magic loop!) it turned out so cute and looks like it really should fit a newborn. It is tiny, it is perfect, and it will look oh so cute on our precious new baby! I compared the finished size to a hat size chart and all of the measurements are correct for fitting a newborn!
And of course, I had to add a little vintage flair in the form of one off my Vintage Flower Pins. I really do love how this hat turned out and can't wait to see it on her for the very first time! Can't wait to meet you, sweet baby!

Until later,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment