Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all



When I first saw this cute owl on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it. I wanted it to be a 1st day of school gift bag for my kiddos but when that didn't happen, I decided it would be a perfect way to do a little something special to welcome Fall for my kids.

Let's get started shall we?

First things first, gather up your supplies:
 I used a 3/4" punch for the black part of the eye and a 1-3/4" punch for the white part of the eye. Since the 1-3/4" punch is my largest, I traced a salsa jar lid for the largest size circle, which happened to be about 2-1/2" in diameter.
 Gather up some pretty scrapbook paper and an old dictionary page along with orange and mustard card stock, adhesive, a paper cutter and scissors.
And an alphabet stamp set to stamp a greeting. If you don't have an alphabet stamp set, a black marker and your prettiest handwriting works great, too!
Cut the top of the brown paper sack  so it comes to a point like in the picture.
Cut a long oval shape out of your dictionary page leaving one end of the oval flat and adhere that to the bag.
 Now just start layering all of those circles starting with the scrapbook paper...
 Then the 1-3/4" white circle...
 Followed by the 3/4" black circle...
 Cut a little diamond out of the orange card stock...
 Stamp (or hand write) a greeting. Mine says "Happy Fall Y'all."
Once the bags are filled, just staple the to closed!
And that is it! Simple, huh?! I don't know exactly what I will fill the bags with but I'm thinking bubbles, a little candy, maybe some play dough stuff like that!

The first day of Fall is this Saturday!!! Are you ready?








1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are so stinkin' cute!!! Love them! I may just have to make these for my girls! :)

    ReplyDelete