Saturday, August 9, 2014

CCC07 and AWESOMENESS


 This weeks challenge was another color challenge.
Let me just say this wasn't a combination I would have picked. I guess it's what makes a "challenge" a challenge. It's good to be stretched a little every now and again.

And now for my card:
I do love how all of the colors, elements and textures look and work together. 
When stamping the leaves for this flower I so badly wanted to cheat and add in an extra color. How else would I get a two-tone leaf without an extra color? 
I'm happy to report I didn't have to cheat when I remembered the stamping off technique. 
If you are new to stamping or never heard of this it is really simple.
Ink up your stamp, stamp off on scratch paper and then stamp onto your card. It produces a lighter shade of the ink color. 
On top of the lighter shade of ink I stamped the Pear Pizzaz without stamping off. 

Isn't the texture AWESOME looking on the Wistera Wonder (bottom layer) layer of my flower? I don't have a full size pad (or ink spot for that matter) of Wistera Wonder but happened to pick up a maker from the clearance rack in my last order. I colored the back of the stamp scribbling the ink on, stamped onto my paper and this is what I got! I love it! Wish I could say I knew it would come out that way! 

That's about it!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment