Friday, August 29, 2014

Craft Room Update!

It's been a long time since I've updated you on the progress of cleaning up and organizing my craft room. Some HUGE changes have taken place!!!
If you have been following along for a while or scrolled through some old post you have probably noticed my desk has changed!
I loved using our old dining room table and the boxy hutch my husband build for me were great but wasn't totally working out.
 It happens!
I started addressing my needs, planning storage for the old hutch, thinking about painting the table to lighten things up and in the end my husband suggested starting fresh with a NEW craft table/hutch.
Such a great guy!
So in mid-May we headed over to IKEA to look at options and brought home the cutest desk ever. 
A few weeks later for my birthday my family surprised me with a hutch that I had been drooling over.
I'm not ready to share a full shot of my new desk/hutch since I'm finishing up a few custom storage pieces for it but here is a reminder of the before.
I promise I'm close to showing a full shot of what things look like now!

Before:
Tease of the after:
Remember this picture from Thursday? It shows a pretty good tease of what the hutch looks like. What makes me oh so happy is my new "command center" in the center of the hutch that holds my ink pads, markers, paper and so much more. I feel like a pilot with all of my gadgets up front and center. It's such a relaxing and inspiring way to create!
Ok, I promise more to come on that!
I'm finishing up some custom scrap paper drawers, embossing powder storage, big shot station (it's gonna be good! I just ordered the pulls for it today!!!!)
Once the pulls are here and I can finish up the scrap drawers I will share what I've done so far. The big shot station will take a little bit longer to get finished but it will also be worth the wait!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment