Friday, September 12, 2014

Finishing Touches

Earlier this week I shared some simple Thank You note cards I made for our son to fill out for his birthday gifts and today I whipped up a sweet little belly band and cut some confetti for each of the note cards!
To refresh your memory here are the thank you note cards:
Very very very simple and plain....a little boring!

But not anymore!

The flat fold card is 3.5" X 5" and I cut the belly band in Pacific Point at 2.5" X 8.5". I die cut a star in the center of each one (just eyed it, no fancy measuring here!) and then scored 2.5" in from both ends to perfectly wrap it around the card. I secured the overlap with some designer washi tape from Stampin' Up!'s clearance rack.
Just adding the belly band added so much to the simple cards!
But then....I had the idea to cut some confetti with my fringe scissors (love them!) and it took the simple card from, ummm simple, to WOW! I stuck the card with belly band and confetti in a cello baggie and stuck the whole thing into Stampin' Up!'s clear envelope. The cello baggie keeps the confetti off the shipping info (which will be written on the green (retired Stampin' Up! color) card stock) so Mr. Postman doesn't have a hard time seeing where to deliver it. 
Side note about the clear envelopes:
The post office can charge you more for them if they want. I have never been charge more even when taking them into the post office myself instead of dropping them off in the mail box. But just know, they can. I'm sure it depends on your post office. :)
(also don't forget to put your postage stamp on the outside of the clear envelope, NOT on the card stock. They need to be able to cancel the postage stamp :) haha

Happy Friday and Happy Stamping!


 I lOVE sharing what I make with you! If you would like to use any of my pictures on your own blog, please directly link back to me and give Christina Thurlow credit!
Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment