Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Four Feathers Thanksgiving Card and CCC13

Hi Guys!
I have another Thanksgiving Card to share today!
It's only September and I almost have all of the Thanksgiving Cards needed to send to Grandparents and long-distant friends!
This week's Creative Challenge Club sketch was very simple- love it!
What do you think?
Basically a card base, three objects with a strip behind it!
After giving it some thought for a few days I decided I wanted to use the Four Feathers Stamp set and framelits and do something for Thanksgiving!
My card is actually partly CASED from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog. 
Of course I put my own spin on it to make it mine and just love how it turned out.

I just love pops of aqua mixed in with Fall colors so I "dipped" the third white feather in Tempting Turquoise embossing powder from the clearance rack. 
The Cajan Craze banner is cropped with the banner framelits. Thinking about it now I should have taken a picture of how I made it extra long!
Sorry!
Basically measure and cut where you framelit will cut the paper (from "blade" to "blade"). Slip the strip of paper in under the framelit but leave the long end ON TOP of the top flat part of the framelit (opposite of the flagged end). Build your sandwich but don't put your TOP plate over the top flat edge of your framelit. 
I'm sure that is very confusing! Sorry again!
Just try it and it will all make sense, promise. :)
I randomly stamped feathers on to the Whisper White card base, layered a small piece of Whisper White centered on the card base before adding the Cajan Craze banner. 
The feathers aren't exactly centered on the small piece of Whisper White but that tiny paper clip balances it perfectly!
And you guessed it, a little greeting on the inside, stamped on the center right of the card.
I love placing the greeting there because I feel like it is a little more creative and modern!

Happy Stamping!


 I lOVE sharing what I make with you! If you would like to use any of my pictures on your own blog, please directly link back to me and give Christina Thurlow credit!
Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment