Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Industrial Bar Cart I Valentine's Day

I'm popping in today to quickly share our bar cart all decked out for Valentine's Day! After seeing cute little carts all over the web I was eager to get one. After looking at prices, that enthusiasm quickly became disappointment. Some carts can be down right pricey! As you can see that didn't stop this lover of DIY! After some searches I came across this DIY version using a cart intended for the garage and tools. It came from Harbor Freight and started out red! I gave it several coats of spray paint and we added a wood base to cover the nuts and bolts. I just love how industrial it turned out!  
I love decorating it for birthdays and different holidays. I think it adds an element of fun, excitement and makes any occasion seem even more special! Let's back up to last night though. I was kicking myself when I realized I didn't decorate the cart. After about 20 minutes in my craft room I came up with these quick and easy banners, grabbed some paper flowers that were on my craft desk and added the goodies I had already made for my family to the cart. My husband had picked up the cookies on his way home from work. Who doesn't love heart shaped cookies loaded with red sprinkles?


Making a day even more special doesn't have to be time consuming or even expensive. These few little touches were all our cart needed and you should have seen the smile and excitement on our kids faces when they saw it this morning. Well worth the 20 minutes and hey, I got to craft a little before bed!
One last look at our sweet industrial bar cart before I go! Happy Valentine's Day! Now go eat some chocolate! Oh, and I apologize for the blurry photos. On top of taking them on my somewhat old phone, I was had a baby on my hip as well! That's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment