One of my favorite things to make are little treat bags and boxes. Who doesn't love pretty gift wrap? Our kids get so excited when I surprise them with something like this and I find it so relaxing to sit down for a bit and create something so special. All of the products used are from Stampin' Up!.
I made this little drawing to help you make your own bags, if you'd like!
1. Cut two pieces of paper to make a 6x6 inch square.
2. Score one side (on each sheet of paper) at 1-1/2".
3. Score two opposite sides at 3/4" and then 1-1/2". The 3/4" score line helps the bag fold in on the sides.
4. Cut little slits up to the bottom 1-1/2" score line.
5. Fold the two little "tabs" you cut at the bottom of your paper in and glue to the bottom of your paper (the part labeled 1-1/2" on my drawing). Once you do that you will see it already start to form a half of a bag. Glue the other piece of paper to this "half a bag" to form the complete bag!
This is a little hard to explain considering it is so easy to make. I think once you start folding your paper and watching it transform into a bag it will become more clear if it wasn't already.
I finished off my bags by punching a hole in the top and tying a bow with ribbon....after filling it with candy, of course!
Valentine's Day is just 9 days away and I have a few more projects and cards left to share. Until then have a wonderful week!