Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stampin Up! Regional Swap 2012

Let the count down begin- in 4 days I'll be at the Stampin Up! 2012 Regional in San Antonio, Texas as a guest and I am sooooo excited! I've never been to any major Stampin Up! event before but from what I have heard, read and seen in pictures, it should be an awesome experience!

One of the many exciting things that happens at these events are swaps- sign me up! I created a darling card with an adorable little girl on it, lots of layers of paper, a couple off punches and some dsp ruffled using my sewing machine. (that part was a cinch, no worries!)

Supplies used to make this card (all Stampin Up! products):

*Crumb Cake card stock- cut at 5-1/2" X 8-1/2" for the base of the card (fold in half to create a 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" card)
*Early Espresso card stock- cut at 2-3/4" X 3"
*Pink Pirouette card stock- cut at 2-1/4" X 2-1/2"
*Whisper White card stock- torn with tearing edge to approx. 2" X 2-1/4" (stamp the image of the cute girl first and then use the tearing edge to tear around her)
*Whisper White card stock punched with the Decorative Label Punch and stamped with the "happy valentine's day" stamp from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Real Red Classic ink and popped up with dimensionals
*Cute little girl stamp is from the stamp set called "Greeting Card Kids" and stamped in black StazOn ink
*Little girl is colored with markers in Pretty in pink for her bows on her dress, hair and socks, Pink Pirouette for her dress, So Saffron for her hair, Real Red for the heart she is holding and her skin tone is Blush Blossom
*2 hearts punched with Small Heart Punch in Real Red and Pink Pirouette card stock
*Ruffled "First Edition" dsp paper sewn with a sewing machine threaded with dark brown thread

Ruffling the paper was pretty easy. I cut a strip of the First Edition DSP at about 3/4" wide by 12" long and very quickly pushed it through the sewing machine. If you push it through faster than the machine is going, it will ruffle up and over-lap on itself- a fun technique that I've used before, just never on DSP! I LOVE how it turned out.


So there you go- all of the details on how to make this sweet little card! I hope everyone I love will love it this Valentine's Day as much as I do!

Happy Stampin'

Christina

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! My best bud just got back from that trip! I wonder of you met her! Bet you came back super inspired! And I love that sweet little stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete