Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Welcome, Little One and CCC05

It's time for another Creative Challenge Club sketch!
These have been so much fun.
I think what I love the most about using a pre-designed sketch is that the overall layout design has been done for me and I get to sit down and have fun flipping through my paper, stamps and embellishments. I'm normally stamping during nap time or at the end of the day and a bit tired so using a sketch is very relaxing mindless work allowing me to spend more time on the rest of the card design.
Here's sketch CCC05:
And here's what I came up with!
Before I got started I flipped through my box of cards to see if there was any occasion that I was getting low on. Baby boy cards were needed so that is what I did! 
My next step was to flip through my DSP and pick out what I wanted to use. I came across this paper from the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack and it screamed baby boy at me. 
After I pick my DSP, then I decide on a card base and other card stock needed for layering pulling colors from the DSP. 
Die cuts, punches, stamps and embellishments are decided on last and then gluing it all together. :)
(I say glue and sometimes that means glue, the multipurpose liquid glue that Stampin' Up! sells, and sometimes I use snail. It all depends on what kind of hold I think I need.)
Tip: Before gluing or taping anything together layer it all up how you think you want it on your card and make sure it all works. It will save you a lot of time having to pull things apart if something doesn't look quite like you thought it would.
 My center is cropped with the scalloped tag punch by Stampin' Up! Trim your paper to 2" wide by whatever length you want and punch BOTH ends to get this fun little shape.

 I am absolutely loving my Star Framelits. The are the best and I use them all the time.
Now I just need someone to have a sweet baby boy!

Happy Stamping!














No comments:

Post a Comment