Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Scattered Thanks and CCC14

Fall is officially here and I find myself drawn to earthy colors this time of the year!l
Today's card for the Creative Challenge Club # 14 is a color challenge and pretty open ended if you ask me!

Pick from a list of colors, use any combo you want or all!
I managed to slip ALL of the colors in my card!


I started off with a base of Kraft Card stock cut at 8.5" by 5.5" and scored at 4.25".
I layered Cajan Craze (bottom layer) with Old Olive on top and then Whisper White as my very top layer. I stamped the "thanks" thank from Seasonally Scattered by Stampin' Up! (LOVE IT!) twice. The first stamp is on the base layer of Whisper White and then on scrap paper I stamped it again and cropped around just the "thanks". Flagged each end in Old Olive and popped it all up on Stampin' Dimensionals.  I added an Antique Brad accent to the bottom left. Behind all of that I wrapped Old Olive Bakers Twine 3 times before popping it all up on Stampin' Dimensionals.

And now for the inside of my card!


I stamped one of the feathers from Four Feathers in Early Expresso and then embossed the greeting in Crushed Curry. (I know, I know! Hello Honey is the yellow in the challenge but I decided to break the rules since it doesn't come in embossing powder and my card just. really. needed. it.) (smile)

I even fit the pool party into the design of the card!
Where you ask?
On the back! But yes, I forgot to take a picture.
So Sorry!
The back of the card says "made with love" from Kind and Cozy set. Perfect for a back of a card!

Here's this weeks banner:


And one last close up of my card:


Don't forget to link up and play along. If they have 15 link-ups they draw a name for $10 in Stampin' Up! product.  And the most awesome part? My card last week won me the $10! So link up and play along!!!

The card that won me $$.

Happy Stamping!

I lOVE sharing what I make with you! If you would like to use any of my pictures on your own blog, please directly link back to me and give Christina Thurlow credit!
Thanks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment