Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Celebration Card and CCCO6

It's crazy to think that I've been doing these fun challenges for 6 weeks now.
Seriously, where does the time go? 
I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. :)
Sorry, that was corny.

This week we were given a color challenge instead of a sketch!
So fun!
Basic Black, Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry! What awesome colors to play around with. 
I'm an aqua/teal kind of girl so I love bermuda bay and I just can't get enough of crushed curry. And adding black grounds things and adds a modern touch. In my opinion, at least!
 I saw this card idea in the new Stampin' Up! catalog and thought it was so fun. Imagine receiving this in the mail. I know it would make me giggle and smile and even throw a little bit of the confetti in the air....knowing that "Martha" our iRobot can clean it up for me, of course. Ha!
 This card is so simple. I cut whisper white card stock at 4.25"x11 and scored at 5.5" for my card base. Stamped "celebration" from the Project Life by Stampin Up! set in the three challenge colors and then made up a little baggie of confetti.  
To make the baggie I used a cello bag from a past My Paper Pumpkin by Stampin' Up! and sewed two new side seams to make it smaller. (I tried using snail but you could see it through the bag and it didn't look very good. Multipurpose glue (the white bottle with green lids) might work but I didn't try it out.) I then filled the baggie with confetti cut from the challenge colors using my favorite fringe scissors, closed it up with some wash tape (another Project life item) and attached it to the card base using glue dots.

Give it a try! 
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment